I'll preface this week's Jimmies by saying that I'm only just over a bout of jet lag - had this post been on Tuesday there's every chance I'd have to take an extended digital detox... As it stands, this week, so far:
1. The aforementioned jet lag. It was only a seven hour flight. HOW is it possible to knock you so far out of whack?!
2. The recent uproar about a teenage Instagrammer calling out the digital industry. Can we all agree that if you're taking life advice from a teenager, hell even from someone in their twenties that has never lived a day outside their parent's home then the issue isn't with the industry at all?!
3. Constant posts and threads bemoaning people looking at their phones. The way adults choose to entertain and educate themselves really isn't up for public discussion is it?
That and phones are hella expensive.
Mind yo' business!
4. Brands in the UK & Ireland pushing Black Friday deals; usually for a pitiful 10% off. If we're going to appropriate Thanksgiving could we at least make it the humongous dinners & days off and not the half assed consumerism?
5. Commenters on posts about the horrendous traffic management after an even more horrendous accident in Dublin this week, shaming commuters for complaining about the monumental traffic management failures - the assumption being they didn't care about the lady injured.
You know as humans we're capable of outrage at two things at once, right?
Tell us, can you relate?
What's been rustling your jimmies this week?