Any of you that follow me on Twitter will have seen me wail about two disastrous nail breaks this week. Instead of wallowing (which I did briefly anyway), I've decided to make use of my newly found nubs as they grow back to their former glory and show you one or two nail looks over the next couple of weeks that can be used on shorter talons. Be you a biter or a breaker, these simple looks will work for you. First Look... Lace.
|They're so short!|
- Start with two coats of your neutral base colour. I chose Bourjois Beige Glamour (that isn't beige at all, it's a dusky rose pink)
- Using the striper brush place two lines in a chevron formation on the nail bed. I used Model's Own white Nail Art Pen.
- Repeat step 2 so that you have four lines.
- Using the nib place dots between the two lines on both sides.
- Two dots close together and joined at the tip make love hearts. Place two on each side and one in the centre.
- A swish of Seche Vite seals your design. You and your nubs are good to go!
You could always add a few more features like below, but I felt the simpler the better, while nails are this short. Once my own scratchers are long again I'll do a tutorial on a more embellished look.
|A little busy for shorter manis.|
That was six simple steps to nicer nubs. Are you a lover of the lace?