It's with a certain trepidation that I title any blog post containing the word 'Nudes' for fear of the already grubby search terms that land people on this blog but when a collection is this pretty then I guess I'll have to make an exception. The L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Privée - Les Nudes holds a nude lip answer for every skin tone and provides the perfect complement to smokey eyes this autumn/winter.
L'Oreal worked in partnership with their spokes models to create their perfect nudes, luckily enough the modelling beauties have different skin tones and hair colours so us mere mortals are all represented with the resulting shades. (There's also a Liya Kebede Ebony Elegance shade for darker skin tones, not pictures here.)
|Top-Bottom: Eva, Cheryl, Julianne, Frieda & Doutzen|
- Eva: Peach Skin is designed for golden complexion and dark hair (though it's my fave)
- Cheryl: Greige Glow is an iridescent nude to complement a honeyed skin tone
- Julianne: Rosewood Beige is rose pink and ideal for paler toned ladies
- Frieda: Mauve Tint has lavender undertones designed for caramel toned skin
- Doutzen: Hint of Pink is aimed at blondes with fair complexion, though not for those shy of frosted tones
While I can absolutely see the reasoning behind pairing different shades of the nude spectrum to skin tones and hair colours, it has to be admitted that I'd happily wear any one of these shades (bar Doutzen)(I can't carry off frost). Whether for a subtle day time lip or to pair with a seasonal, dark smokey eye these soft and nourishing lipsticks feel comfortable on the lips and will last for up to two hours without reapplication.
You'll find L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Privée - Les Nudes online here for €12.29 (though the RRP is €11.99 so you might be luckier in stores).
Are you a nudey lipped fan?